LocateBLE is the optimal trade-off between cost and performance for real-time estimate of presence and position of people and assets in operating environments.
Fixed Bluetooth Low Energy (BLE) locators use smart antennas that reduce multipath effects, allowing for a more stable RSSI (Received Signal Strength Indicator) computation. A positioning engine, based on trilateration algorithms, provides reliable estimate of BLE tag position with accuracy of a few meters.
LocateBLE is compatible with all BLE devices with iBeacon advertising packets.
- Fixed Locators. Fixed locators are installed at known positions inside the environment where localization is required.
- Position of the Locators. Locators are installed on the ceiling or on walls for indoor systems and on poles for outdoor systems.
- Density of Locators. Density of locators depends on the required accuracy in a certain zone: as a rule-of-thumb, accuracy typically ranges from 1/4 to 1/3 of antenna inter-distance.
- Position Calculation. Each locator receives the signal from Bluetooth LE tags and computes RSSI. Based on the RSSI value the position of the tag, with respect to the position of the fixed locators, is computed.
- Wiring. Locators are connected through LAN / WLAN to a local server where the Positioning Engine is installed. LocateBLE integrates advanced algorithms based on trilateration, that allows to compute tag position from RSSI information from each locator. Also, an estimate of the error is provided. Thus the tag location is actually a circular area centered on the estimated position. LocateBLE provides REST APIs in standard JSON format that allows to get tag(s) position in real time.
- Location accuracy. Typical positioning accuracy around 3 m. Accuracy demands can vary from one area to another and can be controlled by altering the number (density) of antennas (accuracy typically ranges from 1/4 to 1/3 of antenna inter-distance).
- Refresh rate. Location update rate of up to 1 sec and latency up to 1+ sec. Update rate and latency are excellent for all use cases where position-time information is required (e.g. tracking of assets, access control, room presence control, ...).
- Integration with third-party systems. LocateBLE is easy to integrate into existing systems with pull APIs, that offer standard JSON/REST format.
- Fixed wired antennas. Wired anchors are available in several options: LAN for data communication, 5Vdc for power; WLAN for data communication, 5Vdc for power; PoE LAN for both power and data communication.
- Battery Tag BLE. Long battery-lifetime tags: power consumption of the BLE tags are optimized for low energy consumption.